Warrior Family Retreat
There are many military programs to help warriors transition from the battlefront to the homefront, but the families are often left to deal with challenges on their own. Through the NWNHC Warrior Family Retreats, families of military personnel who have been deployed overseas can get away to the country for a weekend retreat and family healing time.
The program helps families address the transition challenges experienced by a soldier returning from a long separation and the realities of war. Husbands and wives work with certified equine-assisted therapists to learn new life skills and reconnect as loving partners. Children get the opportunity to share their deployment experiences with art therapists and enjoy stress-free, fun time with their parents. Everyone gets to learn how to handle and ride horses, and just have fun!
Sample activities include:
- Equine-assisted team building
- Child and family art projects
- Secrets of a horse whisperer
- Learning to ride horses
- Family wagon rides
- Horse games
- “Daddy/Mommy and Me” time
- FREE to military families
- Hotel and meals included
- All ages (Infant /child care available by request)
Click here for sample agenda (pdf)
Learn about the experiences of military families:
- Soldier Family Activity Center (SFAC), Joint Base Lewis McChord
- Military & Family Life Consultant Program (MFLC), Joint Base Lewis McChord
- Army Chaplain Corps, Joint Base Lewis McChord
- Fleet and Family Support Center, Naval Region Northwest
- Navy Chaplain Corps, Naval Region Northwest
All family lodging and meal expenses are paid for through generous contributions to the NWNHC Family Fund. The event is not possible without your blessings. Contact us for more information or to volunteer your time or services.
2017 Warrior Family Retreat
August 25-27, 2017
Northwest Natural Horsemanship Center
32925 SE 46th St.
Fall City, Wash.
Registration Deadline June 30, 2017